2023 Christmas Parade Application Application Deadline: November 30, 2023 at 5:00pm
If you would like to have multiple parade entries, please fill out SEPARATE applications. Chamber Members: Please log into your account to see the Members Only options!
* Please note the Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce Christmas Parade is a FUNDRAISER for our organization. The Chamber is a non-profit member supported 501c(6) organization. Thanks for supporting our Business Community! *
Santa Claus: The Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce will secure Santa Claus for the parade. No other Santa will be allowed to participate in the parade.
▪ NO Candy may be distributed from any float in the parade except for the Santa Claus float. Candy may be handed out by participants walking with their group or alongside their respective floats.
▪ ALL entries must be decorated in a Christmas theme and should play Christmas music only.
Entries will be eligible to win “Best Float,” award and gift card.
▪ NO Horses, NO Motorcycles ALLOWED in Parade. Also, NO Revving of Engines, Reckless Driving or Burnouts allowed in Parade. If this does take place, the individual, business/organization will not be able to enter future parades. All drivers of an ATV must be at least 25 years old or have submitted documentation with the application of the completion of ATV Safety Course. No one under the age of 18 can drive an ATV. Any passenger riding must ride behind the driver and no children under the age of 12 are recommended to ride due to safety. Both Riders and Drivers of an ATV mustwear a helmet and eye protection—no exceptions.
▪ Professional Floats are only available to chamber members. All professional floatsshould note on the application the exact way the organization/company name is to be displayed on the float (under Organization). Anyone wanting/needing a sponsor must obtain their own sponsor. The Chamber does not help with or provide sponsors.
▪ All homemade float entries must be decorated in a Christmas holiday theme. All banners must be neatly lettered and easily legible. All entries using electrical devices must adhere to generally accepted electrical standards. (e.g., All electrical devices must be properly grounded.) The float should be no larger than 12’ x 24’, and no decorations and/or float construction material may protrude from the side of the float. All floats must have a handhold or stand-up hold for each rider on the float. Each float must have a spotter beside the float.
▪ Only Chamber Member businesses may sponsor a marching bandentry. The Chamber will provide banners for such businesses with their company logo. The sponsorship includes the cost of the banner. Banners, which will be made of durable plastic, may become the property of the sponsoring business to use during the year.
Line-Up:Christmas parade line-up begins at 8:00 a.m. Line-up instructions and identification numbers will be emailed to participants prior to the event. All traffic will be blocked starting at 9:00 am. If you are a car club, etc. with multiple vehicles: to be in the parade grouped together, the group must arrive and line up together.
Route: Please be aware of the route for the Christmas Parade, please see attached map. The parade's official starting point will be at the Clinton City Schools Administrative Offices (Old College Street School) and will go through downtown Clinton and around the courthouse on the Vance Street side. The parade will continue down Fayetteville Street, turning left onto Chestnut Street and then left onto West Main Street. The parade will continue down Main Street making a right onto Lisbon Street. The official parade route ends at the Clinton City Market; however, floats and entries are NOT permitted to unload at this point. Marching units may exit at the Clinton City Market. ALL other entries must continue down Lisbon Street to return to the Expo Center. DO NOT EXIT THE PARADE ROUTE UNTIL THE END OF THE UNLOAD POINT, WHICH IS AT THE SAMPSON COUNTY EXPO CENTER.
** WAIVER OF CLAIM: (MUST BE SIGNED BY PARTICIPANT) ** I/We do hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce and the City of Clinton and their respective officers, agents, members and employees of any sponsoring organizations and underwriters, individually or collectively, from all fines, penalties, liabilities, losses, claim, damages and expenses including court costs and attorney’s fees, incurred or suffered as a result of or relating to my/our participation in the event known as the “Christmas Parade.” I/We also understand that our entry category cannot be changed past the deadline. I have thoroughly read the Rules and Regulations and understand no reckless driving, revving of engines or burnouts are allowed. If this occurs, I understand that myself or my business/organization will not be allowed to enter future parades.
Date and Time
Saturday Dec 9, 2023 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST
Line-Up:Christmas parade line-up begins at 8:00 a.m. Line-up instructions and identification numbers will be emailed to participants prior to the event.All traffic will be blocked starting at 9:00 am. (Car clubs with multiple vehicles must arrive and line up together to be grouped together in parade order) Vehicles and Floats: Line-up Instructions: Parade line-up begins at 8:00am. Participants should report to the their respective line up spots as marked along Warsaw Road. **To gain entry to the Expo Center, participants must enter from East Morrisey Blvd (beside Lydia's Grill). From 701 Business turn onto Railroad Street (beside Smithfield) then turn Right onto Devane St., take Right onto East Morrisey Blvd and right onto Warsaw Rd. The Expo Center parking lot will be on the Right. Please be mindful that many roads downtown will be closed as part of the Parade Route beginning at 9am. **Please keep in mind that East Morrisey Blvd. will be the ONLY way to access entry into the Expo Center parking lot/line- up. All other access to Warsaw Rd. will be closed**
Your line-up number is found in the subject line of notification email. PLEASE DISPLAY ON YOUR DASH. Participants will then be directed to their spot along College Street or Warsaw Rd.
The line-up is in NUMERICAL ORDER. Check-In: It is HIGHLY encouraged that all related parade vehicles and float participants coordinate prior to arrival and enter lineup together. We recommend for home-made floats, car clubs and related vehicles to have a meeting place outside at the Expo Center parking lot to rally and ensure that your entire group is present and together upon check- in. For example: car clubs will need to have all cars together when checking- in and homemade floats will need to be loaded with all float riders upon check- in.
**Professional Floats will be positioned in the Expo Center parking lot. Riders for these floats can be dropped off to load floats. Extra parking for those riding on professional floats will be available in the rear Expo Center parking lot or cars dropping off riders will be exit through Warsaw Rd to Hwy 701.
Walkers, Dancers and Marchers: Line-up Instructions: Walkers, Dancers, Marchers and Bands can arrive as early as 8:00am and will check-in at the Old College Street School (city schools administrative offices). Your respective group will be filtered into the parade line-up as they approach your location.
**We ask that all participants remain on their floats until they arrive back at the Expo Center** **ONLY walkers and bands will be allowed to exit the parade at the City Market**
Route: Please be aware of the route for the Christmas Parade, please see the map. Entries will line up along Warsaw Road according to entry number provided via email before the day of event. Corresponding numbers with be marked on Warsaw Road. Both sides of the street will be utilized. The parade official starting point will be at the Clinton City Schools Administrative Offices (Old College Street School) and will go through downtown Clinton and around the courthouse on the Vance Street side. The parade will continue down Fayetteville Street turning left onto Chestnut Street and then left onto West Main Street. The parade will continue down Main Street making a right onto Lisbon Street. The official parade route ends at the Clinton City Market; however, floats and entries are NOT permitted to unload at this point. Marching units may exit at this point, but ALL other entries must continue down Lisbon Street to return to the Expo Center.
DO NOT EXIT THE PARADE ROUTE UNTIL THE END OF THE UNLOAD POINT, WHICH IS AT THE SAMPSON COUNTY EXPOSITION CENTER.